Tuesday, June 28, 2005

What's in a name?

So what is a hipster dork? In a word, me. But I guess the best way to describe it is with an example:

Lat Thursday I was torn between my plans for the night and what I actually found myself doing at 8pm. I was very much looking forward to going to see Ted Leo and the Pharmacists at the 9:30 Club but got ensnared by a showing of The Karate Kid on one of HBO's 20 channels. It had a been VERY long time since I had seen the film of which I had forgotten how great it was over the 21 years (!!!) since it was released. I sat mesmerized in front of the tube for an hour hating on the Cobra Kai thugs and having flashbacks to when I was a kid practicing crane kicks with my friends. I finally came to after a phone call from my buddy Sean and was able to wrestle myself out the door and get downtown for the show which kicked serious ass. (Pick up Ted's album Shake the Sheets. Fantastic.)

I think that kind of says it all. I live with a constant battle between my two selves fighting over whether or not it's better to hang out in DC watching great indie rock bands or stay at home watching the Holy Trilogy and playing with my Darth Vader Force FX Lightsaber from Master Replicas. Sad but true.

BTW - Elizabeth Shue is soooooo hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home