Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Lilliput

I am currently visiting with my grandparents in Illinois who have moved in to a "retirement village" in the last year. It's a nice enough place and they have a comfortable 2-bedroom apartment but everything is so damn SMALL. When I walked into the main building I noticed that there is support railing bolted to the length of the wall in the hallways but they only come up to my thighs. I walked inside their apartment and plopped down on the love seat since they got rid of the couch. Much of the afternoon was spent watching football with my legs dangling over the end of the arm.

Bedtime is interesting as I am sleeping in a twin bed that's just big enough for me to get my legs and torso onto. My arms and feet have to be content dangling over the back and sides of the world's smallest bed. However the best part has to be the bathroom where the shower head is at about navel-level on me. It works great for washing my ass but anything other than that requires some interesting contortions which are pretty dangerous when attempted on wet porcelain.

In case you were wondering, no I am not some giant Lurch. I'm tall (6'3") but certainly not of a size that doesn't fit into most standard accomodations. I guess all old people are really small.

-Gulliver

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice reading your blog... I found it by accident whilst Googling for a Restaurant close to where I live in a place (believe it or not) called Lilliput!
This probably reads like a spambot post but it is the honest truth!!

Lilliput is in Poole, Dorset, England! Google it if you don't believe me!!

Anyway.. keep blogging.. it's a hard thing to keep going at.

Rob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home