Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Point of Exposition

I think I may have unfairly maligned the idea of buying a home in the outlying areas during my running commmentary on the unreal estate market in the region. I have several coupled friends who have made home purchases in exurbia and I believe it is working out well for all of them. They are happy with their homes, their situations, and the fact that they now have a stake in something.

I guess the point I was trying to make earlier is that for someone in my situation (chronically single and with a social life dependent upon immediate "interior" Metro access), settling outside of the beltway would be akin to casting myself out an island. My friends have the benefit of being in the process of making a Home. They're starting a life all their own and the rewards of that can afford them the ability to sacrifice certain things I currently find important. But as for me, I'm just looking for a place to rest my head without any of those other benefits.

Apologies to any of my friends I may have unknowingly insulted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home