Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I Like Quotes

I enjoy a good quote. There's something about summing up a point with the well-crafted words of a better intellect. Plus, it gives the impression that the quoter is well-read when in fact he may only be well-googled. And of course impressions are almost as good as reality (if not better sometimes). Here's a quote worth committing to memory:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may
be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than
under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes
sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for
our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of
their own conscience." ~ C.S. Lewis


Church, State, yadda yadda yadda. You know where I'm going with this.

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2008 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that quote though the meaning has completly left me. But i can tell u this C.S Lewis is a genuinly good writer...
but one of me favorites are

"I have gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
----Anonymous"

 
At 1/15/2008 3:06 AM, Blogger Me said...

lol. ur right about quotes, but that one escapes me!
dark insanity has it spot on though
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home