Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It goes on and on and on and on...

A very good day indeed. One of my favorite band's of all time, Built to Spill, has finally announced a release date for a new album. It's been five years since Ancient Melodies of the Future was released and I thought that they might never release another album again. Fortunately they have toured a bit in the years between keeping us barely alive and waiting for the next album from one of the greatest indie rock bands ever!

BTS is streaming a track from the new album, You In Reverse, on their MySpace page. Clocking in at almost 8 minutes (!) the new track called "Goin' Against Your Mind" recalls much of the material from Perfect From Now On. The stretching guitar interplay and dynamic shifts are all in place. I'm liking what I hear so far but I do hope that Doug retains some of the concise "hookiness" from other albums past. That was the one thing I always thought was seriously lacking from AMotF.

On a side note, I have a friend who contends that Perfect From Now On is the greatest BTS album. Sorry guy, Keep Like A Secret is where it's at. And you know this, MAN!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home