Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Let Down

So for some reason I felt the need to take a jab at Radiohead in my previous post. I really dislike them due in part to the fact that I used to like them so much. I still do like them, or rather I still like an era of them. My window of Radiohead fandom runs from Pablo Honey all the way up to track 5 of OK Computer. And it pretty much falls off the map from that point on.

It is therefore a little bit ironic that one of the last times I got high, so very very long ago, Radiohead played a prominent role. For several reasons, actually one overarching reason, my dalliences with drug experimentation never made it past smoking a little weed in college so I remember some of those occasion quite vividly. One in particular involved smoking way too much, coming home to eat a peanut butter sandwich and half a bag of BBQ chips, and then locking myself in my darkened bedroom where I had programmed my stereo to play "Subterranean Homesick Alien" and "Let Down" over and over again while I laid in my bed. I thought that was just about the coolest thing ever and for 90 minutes it was.

College was a long time ago and now I hate Radiohead for several reasons, actually one overarching reason, but I still listen to those old albums and fondly recall days gone by.

1 Comments:

At 5/02/2006 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of the funnier observations on this topic was attributed to one of the Gallagher brothers (speaking of unpalatable bands), who don't usually marvel me with their humor.

something about if Kid A was any less accessible, you'd have to plug into a jack in Thom Yorke's head to listen to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home