Wednesday, June 07, 2006

moo

There are times when I appreciate my "reverse commute." It certainly sucks when I'm trapped at the end of the toll road trying to inch my way down 66 to good ol' exit 72 but at least I'm in my car. My own personal bubble. My mobile sound system. As frustrating as it can be, I do have my own space which makes burning out my clutch a bit easier to tolerate. This is not the case if you are one of the poor souls who rides the Orange Line in and out of the city each and every day.

Last night I went into Woodley Park to meet some friends for dinner so I found myself at the Courthouse station waiting for a train into the city. I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to train times so I of course get to the gate right as the train is pulling away. Next train to New Carrolton; 11 minutes. It never fails. Being rush hour I decide to amuse myself by watching the orange trains to Vienna which pull into the station every 3 minutes. It's kind of funnny and kind of sad. These trains are packed like cattle cars with flesh pressed up against the windows, short people mercilessly trapped under the sweaty armpits of tall people, old people forced to stand because even if someone wanted to give up their seat there is no way they could, and every one of them with beat down expressions on their face knowing that this is going to last for at least another 30 minutes. As I said, I find watching all of this very amusing. Chalk it up to a bad case of schadenfreude but I enjoy observing people struggle through the mundane.

The upshot to all of this is that there are plenty of attractive young women all over the metro lines. At rush hour they are pouring out of the cars every few minutes. So, is this an ideal situation in which to meet women? On the one hand you have the big advantage of Volume Shopping. There is no shortage of supply so mathematically, an enterprising individual's chances have to be pretty decent. Of course it is rush hour and all people really want to do is get wherever they are going. I would guess that most women don't enjoy being hit upon when trying to safely and quickly exit the station so they can get home. I'll have to experiment with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home