Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Wrote A Letter

Shipped 'em. 27 Christmas cards and counting. I don't even like Christmas that much but I always do Christmas cards. It must be one of those nature-nurture things that you just cannot stamp out. The list is the usual mix of friends, family, and friends' family...save for one. One card for which I wrote at least four revisions. One card that I honestly do not know why I am sending. Alright, that's a blatant lie.

So, how does one say "hey it's been a while and I was thinking of you but don't worry about me because I am nonchalant and cool and could really care less that you switched coasts and this really has nothing to do with my desperate need to be desired?" Easy. You buy a Shoebox Greetings card with a picture of two pigeons about to shit on a kid in a Santa hat. Now that is fucking classy.

7 Comments:

At 12/13/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

I got you beat. I sent 43 this year. And I don't like that blogger beta refuses to recognize me.

 
At 12/13/2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

HAHA - 75 and counting :)

 
At 12/13/2006 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am solidly in the 40 range, not mailed yet at all, but I think the most awkward card I am sending is one that says, "Great news! I'm engaged and my fiance loves NASCAR. Can you get us some tickets?"

 
At 12/13/2006 6:43 PM, Blogger dara said...

I mailed mine yesterday. I don't think it was quite so many, but most of my family -- and a lot of my friends -- are Jewish. (I only send a Hanukkah card to my grandparents.)

The best was the year I sent everyone a mix CD of holiday songs in lieu of a card. I want to do that again sometime.

 
At 12/14/2006 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have completely refused to send any Christmas cards this year. I know, I know. Ryane McScroogette.
Not really--I just hate cards. I rarely send them for any other occasion and so, just decided to drop the axe this year to finally include Christmas.

But I am impressed that you sent out as many as you did, Jason. Esp. the pigeon poop one...that's good times.

And I am w/Momentary--I hate Blogger Beta!

 
At 12/14/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger DCVita said...

I can't get myself to write Christmas Cards. I tend to do the E-greeting thing. Is that tacky or what?! I wish I was more like you!

 
At 12/15/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Blogger Beta will be gone soon enough.

I have recently found that Scotch and Christmas Crads make for an excellent evening at home when avoiding the hustle and bustle of the metro area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home