Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Once more unto the breach...

Tonight is the night I take the Online Jeopardy Challenge. In preparation I have been watching the show every night and eating a lot of brain food; chicken, asparagus, broccoli, et cetera. And I gotta tell you that other than my pee smelling bad (love that methyl mercaptan) and a little Seinfeld withdrawal, I don't think I have much to show for it. In fact I think I have been doing progressively worse each night. Of course it cannot be all my fault as there have been a number of distracting competitors of late. There was Creepy Ponytail Guy, Black Comic Book Guy, Wrong Answer Lady (she kept buzzing in with the wrong answers over and over again), and a few others all of whom managed to take me off my game with their idiosyncrasies.

But that's really just a rationalization and not an excuse. My confidence was shaken to the core last night after mediocre Jeopardy and Double Jeopardy rounds, I couldn't even muster a guess to the Final Jeopardy question which in retrospect was so obvious that it must have disturbed the neighbors to hear such an odd profanity screamed aloud in the building:

"Alexis de Toqueville, son of a bitch!!"

8 Comments:

At 1/23/2007 8:10 AM, Blogger Ryane said...

Haha. That's funny..well, good luck!! YOu might slide to the Vitamin store and get some DMAE...that is supposed to help brain functioning during times of high stress...=-)

go Jason!

 
At 1/23/2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Red Photography said...

Nah, I think you should get high first. Always worked for me writing papers in college.


I'm sorry, what was I saying?

 
At 1/23/2007 10:22 AM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Last night was really hard. They didn't even finish the questions on either round! You weren't alone.

 
At 1/23/2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

XXXX
Kiss for Luck!

 
At 1/23/2007 10:44 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Just relax and crack open a beer, and I'm sure you'll get in the zone. :) Good luck!

 
At 1/23/2007 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock and Roll, hoochie coo. You got this in the bag.

 
At 1/23/2007 2:34 PM, Blogger Carrie M said...

i had NO clue last night on final jeopardy!! good luck tonight, i'm cheering for you!

 
At 1/23/2007 2:43 PM, Blogger Jason said...

The resident stoner genius of my high school showed up for the SAT's absolutely zooted and reeking of weed. He scored something in the mid-1400's but the jury is out on whether the chemical alterations enhance or impaired his abilities...I would love to know where that guy is today.

Unfortunately due to certain aspects of my job, my experiments in mellow were left far behind in college. So I will be going into this dead sober. Thanks for all of the well wishes.

And Kathryn, thank you for that. I though last night was hard as hell but didn't want to say anything and seem unmanly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home