Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Aftermath

Having almost finished my move (there are still a few lingering items at the old residence), I have been engaged in some disturbing introspection while attempting to unpack and generally bring the new place together. Two events have caused me to wonder if I need to maybe get into a fight or engage in some salacious drunken encounter this weekend in order to validate my Man Card:

1) I have a lot of shoes. Not Imelda Marcos-levels of indulgence but probably more than a single guy should own. They're all justified and necessary in my mind (running, hoops/v-ball, various states of casual and formal dress, general labor, steel-toed labor, hiking, all-weather, etc.) but when you gather them together and it require two oversize tote bins to transport them all, perhaps it is time to take a step back and reevaluate. I mean, that's a lot of fucking shoes.

2) I may have been heard to refer to my new shower curtain as "fabulous."

Hmm...I need somebody to shove.

10 Comments:

At 2/28/2007 4:40 PM, Blogger Carrie M said...

how many pairs do you have?

and thanks, btw, for putting freaking soul asylum in my head. dammit.

 
At 2/28/2007 4:43 PM, Blogger dara said...

How metrosexual of you.

Seriously, though, I think that the guys that get buy with three pairs (brown, black, sneakers) are the ones with the problem. And this is not just because I am a girl with a lot of shoes.

 
At 3/01/2007 1:03 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

Somebody to shove, or somebody to love?

(Sorry, it's the insomnia speaking.)

 
At 3/01/2007 7:32 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I stopped counting after I ran out of fingers. It was too embarassing to go on.

Perhaps there is a happy medium to be found. By the way, I scored some replica Nats gear on the cheap. Is it April yet?

Shove. I'm too self-absorbed to love anything other than myself and my things right now.

 
At 3/01/2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Ryane said...

Just go to the gym and throw the weights around, then look at your biceps in the mirror and blow on them...ever so gently, while you flex your muscles. HAHA. Or maybe not. But it seems to make a lot of guys in my gym feel more like men.

Seriously-- I am w/Dara. Guys w/only 3 pairs of shoes are the ones w/the problem. Would you ever put a limit on the quantity of CD's or DVD's you may or may not own??

 
At 3/01/2007 10:36 AM, Blogger Carrie M said...

i'm with ryane and dara - you're only approaching imelda marcos level if you're hitting 30 pairs. b/c how in the world can a a person survive with under 10?!?! and that goes for you boys too.

 
At 3/01/2007 11:56 AM, Blogger DCVita said...

Based on this post, I think the two of us were meant to be :P lol

 
At 3/01/2007 6:18 PM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

No worries about the shoes. Even my former boyfriend, who was all anti-possessions, had about six pairs of Vans and/or Converse. I say, enjoy them all.

The shower curtain, on the other hand, I can't help you out with. ;)

 
At 3/02/2007 9:44 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Speaking of throwing weights around, one of the mirrors at my gym is shattered and looks like somebody threw a dumbell at it. 'Roid rage?

I certainly have less than 30 pair...I think. Yeah, definitely less.

Vita, you like men with lots of shoes? An interetsing fetish indeed.

My shower curtain is sweet. I stand by my remark.

 
At 3/02/2007 10:07 AM, Blogger DCVita said...

I am not sure if I do, but I think I like Metrosexuals!! You drink Starbucks, have alot of shoes, you say "fabulous" , you made a comment about your shower curtain...and you are a hipster dork. Don't deny your inner metro Jason... :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home