Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day

Best Valentine's Day ever. Why? Snow day.

I should probably use the time to start packing but I haven't picked up any boxes yet, so I imagine there will be a lot of goofing off instead. However I'll need to watch at least an hour of Saved By The Bell this morning before I can begin making any decisions about the rest of the day. Maybe I'll go hunting through the icy streets of Courthouse for a Valentine. I can't be the only slacker dodging work this morning. Who knows, it could be a wintry wonderland in Arlington today.

Question: Which one is better, Valentine's Day or Sweetest Day?

6 Comments:

At 2/14/2007 9:03 AM, Blogger DCVita said...

Happy V-day Jason! I will take the two candy hearts only so we can share :) I am home today too. I would not be caught dead in this weather. And what is sweetest day? Dunno but I like the sound of that one better. Does it involve chocolates?! ;)

 
At 2/14/2007 9:43 AM, Blogger Jason said...

It's a ridiculous construct started by candy manufacturers in the Great Lakes area (the third Saturday in October). They wanted something to rival Valentine's Day and it worked. Supposedly it's a bigger deal than V-Day in Ohio and Michigan.

 
At 2/14/2007 10:12 AM, Blogger Carrie M said...

well if it's high on the radar in ohio and michigan, then it's only a matter of time before the rest of the country catches on!

happy v-day. i'm 'working' from home b/c the fed gov't are a bunch of idiots and didn't close today. WTF?

 
At 2/14/2007 1:16 PM, Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

I'm so jealous. At least my office opened up late enough that I caught an episode of Saved by the Bell, too. Ah, the "summer at the beach" episdoes...

 
At 2/14/2007 4:58 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Are you moving? Perhaps I'm not a careful enough reader...

 
At 2/15/2007 7:29 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I am indeed moving next week. My residence is once again being torn down so I keep bouncing back and forth along the "main corridor" in N. Arlington. I am not happy about having to move but on the plus side, my parents volunteered to come over and help me pack this weekend. Sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home