Friday, October 07, 2005

The Return of The Rock

It's like Christmas morning. No it's like Christmas Eve. Wait, it's like the hours just before the midnight release of the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set. Yes, I'm that excited.

Tonight is Bob Mould's show at the 9:30 Club, the night when he will forsake all of his comments about giving up The Rock and and retiring the big nasty guitar rig. Tonight I may reach nirvana. What's so thrilling for me is that Bob will be "reclaiming" all of his work from the past 20+ years and putting it on display. The particulatly nice aspect of this is that I will finally get to almost experience what it was like to see Sugar 13 years ago when they toured in support of Copper Blue, one of the finest power-pop/guitar-rock/whatever albums ever put to wax.

I was too young and too pop-oriented to be a Husker Du fan and not cool enough or sufficently aware to be into Sugar at their height, but I know now. And tonight finally, after several instances of seeing Bob come close to the real thing at his solo shows, I get to see the man in front of a band, plugged-in, amps dialed-up, and ready to rock. I hope my ears don't fall off.

3 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Columns
One thought keeps recurring in my mind: What possible value can I add to the reams of paper already printed about Hurricane Katrina and, yet, how can I write about anything else? Like other Americans, people in ...
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my Information Technology related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest on Technology News.

 
At 10/07/2005 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Great Blog!
I have a internet dating site/. It pretty much covers internet dating related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 10/07/2005 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jobs report underscores hurricane impact; AOL buys blogging company
The number of people thrown out of work from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita rose to 363,000 last week with more bad news expected today, when the government releases its unemployment report for September.
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home