Monday, October 17, 2005

"This bickering is pointless."

A really random thought.

I was talking with a friend on Saturday and somehow the "boardroom" scene aboard the Death Star in A New Hope came up in the conversation. (Yes, these are indeed the kinds of things my friends and I talk about.) Anyway, this is one of my all-time favorite film scenes and it really showcases what Lucas used to be capable of before he completely went around the bend. But my buddy Jay made an interesting point. When discussing the scene where Vader Force-chokes one stupidly brazen Imperial officer he asked me, "how often do you think that shit happend? Like once a week?" I almost fell down laughing thinking about how many times someone's body had to be dragged out of one of these fictional weekly "board meetings." I wish my job was like that.

I'm so easily amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home