Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Capitol Fourth

Well I survived one of the dumber ventures I have ever embarked upon and managed to live through Monday to enjoy yesterday's July 4th celebrations. While much of the first half of the day was spent reposing myself on the couch, I did manage to make it out to a BBQ once the thunderstorms had passed.

One of the other great things about living in this area is the Capitol Fourth celebration. I have only gone down to the Mall once to watch the fireworks display (and I never ever will do it again) but living in Arlington, you don't have to. There are so many "well elevated" neighborhoods in town that in many cases you can simply walk out your door to see the big show. Which is exactly what we did last night.

Summertime, beer, friends, fireworks...not a bad life to lead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home