Monday, August 14, 2006

Ruined

Perhaps purchasing a ticket package has engendered an unearned sense of entitlement within me, but I can't help but go to the ballpark and expect certain things. One of those things is to see my boys play well, not necessarily win, but play well. Yesterday I couldn't help leaving the park feeling as if my Sunday had been ruined. Instead of a gorgeous day spent taking in our nation's pastime, here's what I'll remember:
  • A fantastic 7-inning, 2-hit, 1 unearned run performance squandered
  • The bullpen giving up a solo-HR shot to its first batter faced
  • 3 errors (2 of them throwing!)
  • 2 wild pitches
  • Our star rookie being doubled off on a flyout
  • Being told that the Screech Bobblehead was only for "kids 12 and under"

I know that a ticket doesn't buy me anything other than admittance to the stadium but I expect more. And infield bungling and getting whored out of a bobblehead (after I "qualified" for the Cordero and Guillen bobbleheads earlier this season, bastards!) are not it. Somebody owes me.

1 Comments:

At 8/14/2006 10:17 AM, Blogger dara said...

Amen, brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home