Monday, October 30, 2006

Fanboy

Sometimes when you have a few too many drinks before you even leave the house, things get a little intense. And when you have a few more drinks at your second pre-gaming location well, now it's gonna get interesting. And then, while occupying space at your favorite pre-concert spot, the man behind the band you are about to see walks in for a drink and you send your chair screeching out from under you to go shake his hand and pump him for info about the new album, that's the gravy.

What an incredible show on Saturday night. There's something about the Wrens that elicits this crazy fanboy reaction form their fans. Everyone was once again so thrilled to have them in town they just freak out from the moment they hit the stage until the amp tubes go cold -- myself included. I'm pretty sure that everyone who was a newbie that I talked into coming to the show had a good time. The Wrens are not the easiest band to get into live if you are coming in cold but their passion and the depth of their songwriting talent is always apparent. I am glad that one of my buddies who is also a big fan and has seen them before was fist-pumping and screaming lyrics along with me. I believe I more than mildly disturbed some people who had never seen me in full-on fanboy mode before so at least I was not the only one. Great night.

-- New definition of cathartic --

cathartic: when the biggest moment in your single favorite song arrives, live, and you jump up screaming "Greener grasses fade from where you wind up!!!" and do not come back down for at least an hour.

5 Comments:

At 10/30/2006 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh...that is a good feeling. I can't claim to have felt it for the Wrens..but I do know of what you speak. I once screamed so loudly at a Ratt concert...oK. YES. This was a loooooooooong time ago, like 20 years??...but still. I screamed so loudly I got a bloody nose.

That was good a time...

 
At 10/30/2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Who doesn't love Stephan Pearcy?

 
At 10/30/2006 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha. I still have 'Wanted Man' and 'Back for More' on my iPod. But Stephen Pearcy was never my favorite...I liked the bass player--Juan someone-or-other. I never really go for lead singers--well..unless of course, your name is Dave Grohl. But then again, he plays all the instruments...

And now that I think about it, I did have a thing for Joe Elliott for awhile...and Sebastien Bach. AND Chris Cornell..hmm, I see that I have blown my own cover. I do have a thing for lead singers.

I think it's just safe to say that I have a thing for music and musicians in general. hahahaha.

 
At 10/31/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger Red Photography said...

So jealous you caught the Wrens concert...

 
At 10/31/2006 12:40 PM, Blogger Jason said...

...as well you should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home