Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday, Monday

Well it is a new week and I officially have a new job, my first in seven years. I thought that perhaps there would be something "significant" about today but in the end it was pretty boring and uneventful. Ah, the joys of white collar careerdom. Something about the more things change... has been popping into mind all day.

I have a habit of trying to make changes in my external worl act as instigators of change in my internal world. New apartment? New outlook on dating. New job? New sense of maturity. In some instances in works but on the other hand I did spend Staurday night with a 40 oz. duct taped to each of my hands. The more things change...

6 Comments:

At 10/16/2006 10:49 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

I think that new jobs are strange beasts. Good luck.

 
At 10/17/2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Good Luck with the new job! White collar existance isn't all bad ya know.

And did we HEAR the 40 oz and duct tape story??

 
At 10/17/2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally feel you on this post. I crave change. If it doesn't just happen, I have to create it. Maybe it is just getting bored too easily.

Good luck with the new job!

 
At 10/17/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Ryane said...

A 40oz, duct-taped to anyone's hand is a GREAT way to usher in a new job. I agree w/Irish..we need to hear the end of that story...=-)

 
At 10/18/2006 7:52 AM, Blogger Jason said...

The very end of the story is me dizzily passing out on top of my bed. The moments leading up to that involve --as best I can recall-- drinking the 2 40's as fast as possible to get them removed from my hands, being out of it enough to pour off some of the floaters into a glass (horrible idea!!), swing dancing on the porch at 2am, yelling at the neighbor (who was complaining about the party) "but you live in Dupont!" and getting a phone number from someone much too young for me.

And I just thought I was going to some party that night.

 
At 10/18/2006 3:10 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

sounds like you are living the rockstar life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home