Tuesday, October 03, 2006

$$$

I don't know how some people afford it, but there seems to be no limit to the amount of money people will spend on their own wedding. I know it is a very very special day so it is up to them to decide how they wish to celebrate it, but I like to think if I were in that position I would exercise a measure of fiscal conservatism. That being said, I have no problem taking people's money.
My band is playing a wedding down in the Outter Banks this weekend. Our hyper-organized bandleader sent us some Adobe'd pics of the house where the wedding will be held:
Yeah, they have rented seven of these houses total. For a week! Additionaly, these houses are 4WD access only so they have rented seven Ford Expeditions. For a week! Add the cost of us, the other band, the rehearsal dinner, the reception, and lord knows what else, the price tag on this affair gets a little jaw-dropping.
Now I might spend this amount of money for the downpayment on a condo somehwere downtown, but that's just me. I guess some people just like to have a good time. Crazy.

6 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that ain't even close to being financially conservative. Seven of those houes alone are thousands of dollars and you have not even factored in all the wedding crap that they are paying for. Wow, some people go all out!

 
At 10/03/2006 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I apologize to anyone I may be about to offend but dropping that kind of cash for a wedding is just fucked up...I am w/you,Jason. I would take that kind of cash and buy a house in Cleveland Park, or go on some sort of fabulous holiday before I would ever spend it on a wedding. I am eloping...

 
At 10/03/2006 5:27 PM, Blogger SAS said...

But don't you think anyone who can afford that kind of wedding can also afford a down payment on any house they want? Maybe I'm just naive about these things.

 
At 10/04/2006 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sas: Actually, I was thinking that yesterday, but didn't have time to leave another comment. People who can afford weddings like this probably already live in Cleveland Park..hahaha. Thousands of dollars on a wedding might just be chump change to them..but who knows??

Jason: I sincerly hope that your band is getting paid reeealllly well to deal w/all of that.

 
At 10/04/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

well i already have my wedding planned out so that it will be beautiful AND fiscally responsible. Now all I need is a boyfriend...minor detail ;-)

 
At 10/05/2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Jason said...

We're getting paid OK. Since it's a friend-of-a-friend kind of thing, we were hesitant to rake them over the coals. We'll see if it was worth it.

Finding a husband is the easy part. From what I hear, the seating arrangement at the reception is the hardest thing about getting married.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home