Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Voyeur

I happened to be staring longingly into my fridge last night when one of the young ladies in the building across the street was being dropped off by a gentleman caller. I keep my kitchen window open and for whatever reason, you can hear every little thing that goes on on my street. I heard a lot of nervous laughter and looked out and saw what had to be the conclusion of a First Date.

It's funny how obvious the signs are. They were standing a good two feet apart in front of the door. He was nervously shifting his weight from one foot to the other. She kept fiddling with her handbag. There was an awkwardly loud conversation with a lot of gesticulating on his part and you could tell they were both buying time to see what would happen. "Do I make a move?" "Is he gonna kiss me or what?"

I finally realized that I was blatantly staring out the window at the two of them so I shamefully closed the refrigerator door and went about my business. From the way things looked, I'm guessing that he didn't get any. But I do love those awkward moments. They're kind of exhilirating and it's all part of the chase.

4 Comments:

At 11/08/2006 11:22 PM, Blogger DCVita said...

First dates are such a rush! They are definately fun, but second dates are even better! The excitment from the first date builds up because you can't wait to see that person again. The second date is the tell all- be all.

 
At 11/09/2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Aaaah the wonderful game of dating. Its always fun seeing it from a third persons perspective – God knows what was rushing through their mind.

Nice view from your kitchen window – who needs a tellie? For future use, if a man opens the car door for his “date” you know that either the lady is new, or the car is…

Cheers!

 
At 11/09/2006 7:30 PM, Blogger Jason said...

2nd date? What are those like?

 
At 11/10/2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Indeed, there's a lot of good people-watching to do from my apartment windows. I feel like Jimmy Stewart someitmes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home