Tuesday, October 31, 2006

He did the mash...

...He did the Monster Mash.

Happy Halloween, kids. For a person with a bah humbug attitude regarding just about every "holiday," Halloween is one that I can still get down with. It was the one night each year where as a kid you were allowed to be out running aorund in the dark and causing trouble. If I had actually thought about it when I was 11, it probably would have upset me to realize that for some odd reason I was essentially given carte blanche to scare little kids and roll houses but had I behaved like that the other 364 days of the year I would have been "on resrtiction." Whatever, childhood and ignorance are bliss and I certainly made the most of it.

I still wish I could participate in some capacity. Yeah there are the Halloween parties and such but they have very little to do with Halloween itself. Those are mostly an excuse for my friends and I to get fucked up and oggle our female friends hopefully costumed as Slutty Fill-In-The-Blank. The only grown-up roles left are those of candy distributors but after a little intelligence gathering, I have learned that no one comes around to our building. I do live in a neighborhood of sorts but I would not be surprised if many of the potential trick-or-treaters living in the co-ops across the street have been made to feel unwelcome in years past. So candy distributing is out. Although, I had actually considered going out to one of the Family-Occupied Territories of North Arlington (the suburban equivalent of Vichey France) to hand out candy but I would probably get arrested.

I am sure I'll come up with something more than just sitting around drinking beer and watching The Great Pumpkin which I recorded on Friday. Halloween is like reverse Social Security. I drew on huge dividends when I was a kid so now I have to contribute in my pseudo-adult life.

10 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 10:19 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

I love handing out candy. I never dress like a slutty pumpkin or whatever...

 
At 10/31/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger dara said...

God, I hate the blogger beta. It just ate my comment.

What I had written (probably way more eloquently) was that everyone should love Halloween. And if they don't there's something wrong with them. Everyone should want the opportunity to dress up in costume, pull pranks, and eat lots of candy.

I actually felt bad that, instead of dressing up and going out for some adult faux-Halloween fun this weekend, I just went to see the 3-D version of The Nightmare Before Christmas. But still, it was better than most holidays.

 
At 10/31/2006 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, you can participate in an adult fashion--take candy w/you to the bar and pass it out there to the slutty pumpkins and Wingmen...

;-) Then you have satisfied both your need to give back to the collective Halloween good AND you still can get fucked up and oogle...

But really, I think adults who continue to dress up in costumes replenish the Halloween Social Security bank the most b/c Kids see it..and so, they realize that Halloween doesn't end w/childhood. =-)

 
At 10/31/2006 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recorded the Great Pumpkin too. The old Peanuts cartoons and all the classics during the holidays are the only things that I actually enjoy this time of year.

 
At 10/31/2006 3:24 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I hear that. Charles Shultz knew what he was doing. Although the old Peanuts cartoons do somtimes elicit an angry response. My buddy texted me during The Great Pumpkin the other night saying, "Lucy is such a c-nt!" And it's true. So very, very true.

 
At 11/01/2006 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha...I think maybe I am afraid to ask...why is Lucy a c-nt?

 
At 11/01/2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Too many reasons to list but I will point out one of the main ones; the football. WHy does she feel the need to constantly torture Charlie Brown with that place-kicking scam? She obviously has control issues.

 
At 11/01/2006 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAAH. oK, I was going to say that the football thing HAD to be a factor. I haven't got a clue why she pulls the football away from Charlie Brown each and everytime he goes to kick it.

But here's another question: why does Charlie Brown keep giving her the benefit of the doubt?? ;-)

 
At 11/02/2006 10:32 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Sex.

 
At 11/02/2006 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Is that the reason, then, that she also charges $.5 for psychiatric advice, and does a little dance for the sound of 'nickels, nickels, nickels...Love the sound of that cold hard cash"??

=-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home