Thursday, July 05, 2007

Post-Independance Day Shout Outs

Dmitri Young

You were a triple short of hitting for the cycle yesterday and you hit the first Grand Slam I have ever seen in person. Between you and the well-endowed beauty with the loose top who kept bending over in front of me, it was one helluva day at the ballpark. (A special thanks as well to Sweet Lou Pinella for intentionally walking Ryan Zimmerman in order to load the bases and pitch to the number 3 hitter in the National League.)

9:30 Club Email SPAM

Big ups for letting me know that the reunited Smashing Pumpkins (well, 50% of them at least) will be playing the club next week. Legitimately intrigued, I may go if only to relive a little late-90's ennui and loudly argue that Zwan is the greatest Pumpkins album ever.

Flight of the Conchords

Just when I thought that televised comedy could not get any drier, you "swoop" in and make me laugh at the TV for the first time since the inaugural season of 30 Rock ended. "Inner City Pressure" is easily six times better than anything Depeche Mode ever recorded.

Evan Dando

Wondering how you were able to make your guitar sound like J Mascis, I almost wrecked my car on the Toll Road flipping through the liner notes of the so-so "new" Lemonheads album. So what if everything you write sounds like an outtake from It's A Shame About Ray, you still had the wherewithal to have J rip some nasty riffs on a couple of tracks. Well played, sir.

Pabst Blue Ribbon

For a mere $30 you filled my entire batthtub with award-winning fun. I can't quit you.

iPhone

You managed to get hundreds of people to stand in line outside of the Clarendon Apple Store for the privilege of paying $500 for a cell phone. I've done some stupid shit in my life but nothing like that. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

1 Comments:

At 7/06/2007 5:54 PM, Blogger Ryane said...

HAHAHAHA. i love the iPhone comment--you crazy diamond. that is hilarious...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home