Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Battlestar Galactica

I've made a promise to myself and my friends that I would stop defending this show in public debates but it annoys me that people automatically assume that if something has a sci-fi descriptor then it must be on par with Plan 9 From Outter Space or The Trouble With Tribbles when in fact, science fiction can be the most challenging and engaging of storytelling mediums. Battlestar is a perfect example of this but everytime I try to express that fact I come off sounding like a geek and ultimately end up doing the show a disservice.

Anyway, I finally got around to watching Friday's season finale and it just blew me away. I think if people actually gave the series a chance they would find it just as compelling as I do. It is not a stretch to say that Battlestar Galactica is deeper, more intellegent, more riveting, and in some ways more realistic than other suspense/action/dramas like 24, Lost, or Alias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home