Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sick Day

Yesterday I took my first legit sick day off of work in almost two years. I've taken plenty of days off from work but it's usally to do things like work on school projects or leave town early for long weekends. This was a fully justified day off and I realized that I need to do this more often. Having a day off in the middle of the week to essentially do nothing is fantastic. When not in the lavatory coping with whatever disatrous food item I ate on Tuesday, I laid around on the couch watching bad television, surfed the internet, and even managed to get down a few new guitar parts for an upcoming show. A highly productive day all while suffering some GI malady.

The best part is that I'm feeling well and back in the office today reinvigorated (it helps that it's Thursday which is practically Friday as far as I'm concerned). Hell I was feeling well enough last to meet up with some friends in from out of town. And that of course is the ultimate litmus test on the road to recovery. Are you well enough to eat Pad Thai and drink several heavy stouts? Not the smartest idea (although the two doctors I was with didn't haven any objection but they just wanted me to drink) but if so, congratulations you're gonna live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home