Monday, March 20, 2006

Time Marches On

Well, I had to update the age in my little profile blurb this morning. As of yesterday I am now 29 years old and staring point-blank down the barrel of 30. I have no idea how this happened. When I was a kid I never thought I would be 30 years old. Not in any "live fast, die young" fatalistic sense but rather it was something that I could not even imagine. Now however I can envision it with startling clarity.

Being 29 means that I have one year left. One year in which I can still blame youth for my stupid mistakes and selfish liberties. One last year to refer to myself as being in my "late twenties" if I sense I am among ageists. One final year to say "fuck it" and worry about the big stuff (home, career, love, family) after baseball season.

I plan on enjoying myself this summer and spending as much of my free time as possible going to Nats games, drinking with my friends, and generally taking advantage of the forthcoming warm weather (it is the first day of Spring after all). It's the last hoorah for the residents of Never Never Land so we might as well go out with bang. And after that...we'll have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home