Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ticketbastard

I hate Ticketmaster and it's bastard step-brother Tickets.com. For all of the obvious reasons of course, but mainly for the fact that I end up paying $6 in fees for each ticket I buy. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. To get around this I usually by my tix at the venue the day of the show but there are occasions when I can't afford to roll the dice when it comes to gaining admittance. Tickets.com never has their order history working properly but, Ticketbastard does. I went online today to buy some tix for the Shellac show atthe Cat and of course the stupid site said there was no such show scheduled. Whatever. Anyway, they did show me my order history and minus all of the friggin' hockey tickets I've purchased (I hate hockey! Why am I the one who's always buying the damn tickets when everyone wants to go to a game?) these are the shows at the Cat that I haven't wanted to risk missing out on tickets. Don't you just love the internet?

The Wrens
Black Cat, Washington, DC

Can't wait.

Ted Leo/Pharmacists
Black Cat, Washington, DC

His usual wildly energized performance.

FOO FIGHTERS AND WEEZER
Patriot Center, Fairfax, VA

Love the Weez, skipped out on Dave Grohl et al.

Q and Not U
Black Cat, Washington, DC

Farewell show. Not too bad but a lot like D-Plan Light.

The Wrens
Black Cat, Washington, DC

Ahhh...

Black Crowes
The Norva, Norfolk, VA

The first show with Marc Ford back in the lineup. Sweet rockin' bliss.

The Wrens - Army of Me
Black Cat, Washington, DC

You never forget your first time.

Pixies
Dar Constitution Hall, Washington, DC

I still cannot believe how incredible they sounded. It was as if no time had passed.

Wilco
Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Baltimore, MD

Eh. Their live shows of late haven't been as thrilling as some from back in the day.

Dismemberment Plan * Ted Leo * El Guapo
Black Cat, Washington, DC

I believe this was the final farewell show after the farewell performances at Ft. Reno and the 9:30. Ted ended up having throat surgery and couldn't open up this show. Damn, that would have kicked ass.

Dismemberment Plan
Black Cat, Washington, DC

My first and best D-Plan show. It's a shame they had to go away.

6 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger Ryane said...

Ticketbastard does suck...majorily, majorily suck. But how could skip out on the Foos??

 
At 8/15/2006 7:11 PM, Blogger dara said...

This prompted me to check my order history, and my list is kind of embarrassing. It does not include a lot of things that I've been to, which means that I'm not always the one buying the tickets.

However, my list includes an awful lot of tickets to the Spy Museum, which appear to coincide with out-of-town visitors. So, other than these, and the occasional baseball and hockey tickets, this is what I have:

Counting Crows and Goo Goo Dolls
Nissan Pavilion, Bristow, VA
(this is in two weeks)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Trey Anastasio
Nissan Pavilion, Bristow, VA

Rob Corddry: the Daily Show
6th In The City, Washington, DC

Bon Jovi
MCI Center, Washington, DC

Bob Dylan & Willie Nelson
Prince Georges Stadium, Bowie, MD

U2
MCI Center, Washington, DC

Queensryche
The Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA

Bon Jovi & Goo Goo Dolls
Nissan Pavilion, Bristow, VA

Matchbox Twenty
MCI Center, Washington, DC
(I actually wound up not being able to go to this b/c of work, and someone else used these tickets.)

 
At 8/16/2006 8:06 AM, Blogger Ryane said...

Queensryche?? that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw Bon Jovi--yeeeeeeeeeeears ago when he was a big no-body, opening up for Ratt at the Cap Center and it was a great show. I think those are some great concerts.

Sadly, my history would only read:

Foo Fighters
DAR Constitution Hall


It was last night and they kicked ass...

 
At 8/16/2006 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am bent over laughing at my order history. It consists of Ambulance LTD, Matt Pond PA, Pete Yorn, Emmylou Harris, the upcoming Wrens show, and the Golden Corral 500...that's NASCAR. Just proving you don't know your own demographic.

 
At 8/16/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Queensryche!?!?!?

 
At 8/18/2006 9:58 AM, Blogger dara said...

Yep, Queensryche. They played the entire Operation: Mindcrime album live.

And it was in Philadelphia. Following a night of gambling in Atlantic City.

It was weird and fun too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home