Monday, March 05, 2007

Point of Parlimentary Procedure

Is it tacky to bitch and moan about not being able to score tickets to a benefit concert that sold out in a split-second? Most likely, yes.

So I won't go on and on about how irked I am that tickets went on sale at 5pm on the nicest Friday evening in a month and I decided to go out for happy hour and get tickets later that night. D'oh!!

Anyway, it's for a noble cause and I hope a lot of money is raised. And who knows, maybe they will realize that there is still a creative spark and do some more shows. Yes, that is my positive spin on things (however if they were also playing this gig then I would be pulling my own hair out).

Best wishes to J. Robbins and his family.

5 Comments:

At 3/05/2007 10:11 AM, Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

Good news!
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/goingoutgurus/2007/03/the_dismemberment_plan_to_add.html.

 
At 3/05/2007 11:08 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

Ah. The dismemberment plan. I didn't even try to get tickets as every single show I've ever tried to see has been marred by some greater power that doesn't want me to see them.

Meh.

 
At 3/06/2007 7:19 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Good news, indeed. Let's see if it is equally hard to get tickets for this one as well.

MA - I take it you fell victim to the Ft. Reno rainout during the "farewell" tour. I skipped that one altogether. But, having seen them several times it is definitely worth the effort. "Back and forth, and back and forth, and back..."

 
At 3/06/2007 2:37 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

I fell victim to that, two shows in Philadelphia that we canceled and a show in Baltimore.

I am meant neither to see them nor Radiohead.

(I only got to hear the soundcheck at Bull Run).

But I'm over here. :)

 
At 3/06/2007 2:37 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

And by we, I mean they.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home